BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Chikuzen

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Diving and Snorkeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Note Chikuzen

Since we have this nice new area on the forum I thought I would ask another question.

We sail right over the Chikuzen every year and I always wish we could stop and dive it. I've heard it can be swell-y and sometimes there's a strong current. I also heard a couple of years ago the mooring disappeared and now you have to anchor in like 80 feet of water - which seems unlikely given the rode provided on a Moorings boat. I've tried to set up a rendezvous with a couple of dive operators, but they tend to only want to meet on their regular schedule, and even that isn't predictable based upon conditions, nor does it coincide with when we're over the wreck.

Has anyone ever dived this site off a charter boat (especially recently)? Would you recommend it, or give it a pass? Does anyone know of a dive operation that would be willing to meet us out there based on our schedule (pre-arranged, of course) assuming conditions are good?

We always dive the Rhone and the Indians. Did the Chimney once. But I'm looking to broaden my diving experiences in the islands. Thanks for any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Diving and Snorkeling All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use