BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
One Mart

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Note One Mart

My skipper that got me started used One Mart and so when I started doing my own charters I stuck with what I knew. But I never see anyone talking about One Mart on the other forum. Has anyone here used them and Riteway or one of the other popular places? Can you compare them? Am I out of my mind for going to One Mart? I'd love to get some insight. We'll be back down there soon and I'm open to changing my ways.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:05 pm    

The Riteway Paseo is great. Rivals stateside. Never go anywhere else cause it is right next to my charter base.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:42 am    

One thing that One Mart does have is better fresh produce (fruits and vegetables) than RiteWay. The selection is more limited, but what One Mart has is generally fresher and better, and priced lower than RiteWay. We go to One Mart first to get our produce, then go to RiteWay to get everything else.

The RiteWay has by far the best fresh meat department on Tortola. In fact, their meat department is quite a bit better then any of the meat departments in supermarkets near us in Houston.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:01 am    

Where is One Mart? We have time and a car this trip. We may just look at the produce there first.
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:09 am    

It's on the main road in Port Purcell. In fact, if you go to google maps and zoom in it is marked on the map.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:09 am    

One Mart is about a quarter of a mile past RiteWay (going east) on the same side of the road.
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:27 am    

Thanks for the input guys. We don't do much meat on board since we eat ashore most nights. Fresh fruits and veggies are appreciated though. That and knowing from experience what it is going to cost me to provision will probably keep me at One Mart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use