BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Picture of the day - Salt Whistle Bay, Mayreau

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> Grenadines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Note Picture of the day - Salt Whistle Bay, Mayreau

Back in 2010 we cruised the Grenadines with our good friends Lisa and Woody.
Mayreau instantly became my favorite island.

Salt Whistle Bay is idyllic, and I cannot think of a nicer place to spend an eternity.
The bay is well protected, and the water is cool and calm.

This shot was taken in the evening just as the last bits of the sun were peaking above the horizon and shining on the stern of the dingy in the foreground. The light was soft and lovely.

DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Note Re: Picture of the day - Salt Whistle Bay, Mayreau

Beautiful. I usually anchor in Saline Bay because Salt Whistle is too busy....but it is a beautiful beach. And Black Boy & Deb's is a great place to hang out and play bingo with the locals...good bbq too!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:37 pm    

Mayreau is easily my favorite island in the Grenadines, and I really enjoyed Salt Whistle. Yes - Back Boy and Deb's is the place. Cool people. I really enjoyed my time with the folks there - they were by far the friendliest people that we met.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:55 am    

Out of all the islands I have been to, Mayreau & Dominica have been my favourites, for the same reasons - great people, not too touristy, and very laid back lifestyle...

Black Boy & Deb's granddaughter, Dora, was a joy to hang around with when we were there last summer - she was fascinated with Jim, and the size of his sandals!

Last edited by DawnB on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:53 am    

I was also fascinated by the boat builders on Mayreau. This is a boat that they were rebuilding. The hull planking is old, and they were hand-hewing all new ribs for the structure. When the ribs are complete, they will then replace the planking.

kegoangoango
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:29 am    

DawnB wrote:
Out of all the islands I have been to, Mayreau & Dominica have been my favourites

I suspect you would also like Nevis. Dominica was also a favorite ours (maybe my very favorite) and Nevis was similar (although it rained all week and we could only get out to meet the people on a few days). Very friendly, beautiful island - and the people don't seem to think the Circle Road is Daytona (Dominica was the very worst island for drivers, IMHO).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> Grenadines All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use