BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Must see's and must eats.....

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Question Must see's and must eats.....

I'm sailing the BVI with 7 friends in March and looking for some must see locations and restaurants. We'll be sailing and diving for 7 days...any suggestions? Thanks.....
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:28 pm    

Do you have any itinerary yet? Of course, I recommend makeing a beeline for Anegada...
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:00 am    

We are meeting as a group this week to discuss the itinerary. There are 4 people in our group going 3 days earlier than us and they are going to Anegada...

Because of that we may not as a group make that sail....we have some good dive charts and probably will hit Norman Island day 1 and 2 and we will probably plan our next stays based on the diving....However, after Norman we haven't made any decisions and we are very flexible......if there are must see's then we can change our plans very easly.....thanks for the help...John
Link to this postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject:  Diamond Cay

If swells are high, Bubbly Pool is a must. Diving off So. end of Cooper is great. I would not eat at Foxy's Taboo and last dinner at Marina Cay was disappointing. We reallt enjoyed diving at Lamshur, shallow dive but very good. Best meal we had was at Neptunes Treasure on Anegada. If spending anytime on St. Thomas Maflie is great.
Link to this postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:00 pm    

Thanks!! I think cooper is going to be our first night stay and we'll dive that morning. Appreciate the help! John
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:36 am    

We had a great dinner at Cooper's for my birthday 2 years ago. Other notably good restaurants:

Have to eat at or just visit the Willy T
Foxy's has good food, but I've never been to the Beach BBQ
Last Resort was great the last time we were there and the singing chef is a treat
tothedogs
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:15 am    

You may also wish to consider Corsairs at Great Harbor, JVD.
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:22 pm    

Here are my top three must experiences:

You must eat dinner at Saba Rock and be sure to have just enough to drink so that you are feeling very subdued and relaxed...sort of an alcohol induced island time. Then after dinner, get up and walk to the other side of the island. Just off the dinner patio is this amazing patch of grass and some hammocks strung in the trees. You are right on the water's edge. There will be a breeze and if there is any moon it will be right over head. Odds are, no one will even walk past the place, no matter how long you lay in that hammock. Glorious.

Next, you must get to Cow Wreck Beach and stay all afternoon with absolutely no expectation other than the fact that nothing will happen that wasn't set in motion by God himself at creation. Alex will be tending bar and all will be right in the world. The sunset is spectacular and if you choose to stay, the lobster isn't bad either.

Finally, you must eat lunch at the top of the baths. This is best if you have spent the latter part of the morning snorkeling the Baths. Then climb up to the top. Order a cheeseburger with fries and whichever frozen drink strikes your fancy. Then take the drink to the freshwater pool while you wait for your burger. Then sit back and enjoy your burger to one of the finest views the islands has to offer. Do not, under any circumstances, let anyone make you get up until you are good and ready. Despite the fine snorkeling, wonderful burger, cold drink, freshwater pool, and amazing view, this experience really is about finally understanding island time. If you care about anything during this experience, you have ruined it.

Very Happy

There are many wonderful places and things to do in the islands, but these three are the ones that haunt me until I return.

Hope that helps!

Matt
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:31 pm    

I am with you on Cow Wreck. A word of caution, though - very often *I* am the bartender. If I am on island, Alex usually takes the day off. The exception being when we BOTH take the day off and are out fishing together - in which case YOU are the bartender!
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:33 pm    

lol...one year alex was the only one there and he was sleeping in the hammock. We hated to wake him but had never been there before, so we were reluctant to get behind the bar. Last year the hammock was gone...too bad. Cow Wreck needs a hammock. Maybe this year I'll take one with me to leave there.

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use