BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Fort Burt Hotel, Roadtown

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Staying Ashore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Note Fort Burt Hotel, Roadtown

We stayed there in January with my brother & his family, mostly because it was a neat place and it was their first time in the Caribbean, so I wanted something fun.

The kids loved the pool, the view and the quirky stairs, curves and bar. The family could all stay in one room, and it was pretty spacious. We were right next door, so we could chit chat through the balcony.

It was dated, but clean, and it was a cool place to stay. They had the A/C on for us, but forgot to turn on the water... LOL

The best part of the place was Drake's Anchorage for dinner - lovely breezes, view and great food!

We'd definitely stay there again, especially since Maria's now appears to have been renovated, and will likely cost a lot more than Fort Burt!

If you have to stay in Roadtown, I would pick this place.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:38 pm    

Thanks, Dawn. That is good to know. We have had dinner there, but I have wondered about staying there.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:58 pm    

We have friends getting to Tortola one night ahead of us in August. I have been wondering about one night accommodations. Anyone have an opinion on Beef Island Guest Cottage or Hummingbird BB
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:16 am    

Is that next to DaLooseMongoose? If so, we stayed there a few years ago. No A/C, but the rooms were clean, there were fans, and place seemed nice enough for one night. The price, though, as I recall was a bit steep for what we got. They do have kitchen privileges, but we were only there overnight on the way out, so we didn't make use of them.

Never stayed at Hummingbird, but I recall reading something about it on TTOL? Or maybe Trip Advisor?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Staying Ashore All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use