BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Go Pro and IPad

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Photography -> Photography - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Note Go Pro and IPad

Anyone have info about iPad and GoPro compatability? Thinking of getting a GoPro but I need it to work with my IPad or its not worth it..
BillR
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:54 pm    

Not sure what you mean by compatible?? There are iPad and iPhone apps for the GoPro, but as far as downloading, converting and viewing GoPro images or videos as you might on a laptop, I don't think so.
Check here for lots of good GoPro info:
http://goprouser.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=1fcfd1fd14b75ed80ae7537de11cb0ae
Hope this helps.
BillR
Rusty
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:05 pm    

I'm far from an expert but I have the gopro hero and the iPad 2. I record to the sd card and then download to my laptop and then sync with the iPad. My laptop will not play any videos without converting them first. The videos will sync, without converting, to the iPad and play from there.
I don't know who but someone does make a sd card reader that plugs into the iPad.
On our last trip, there were a couple gopro 3. My iPad 2 will not play their videos but my iPad also doesn't have the latest update.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:43 pm    

That's kind of what I thought. I have the same issue with the Flip I have. Ill see if i can find who makes an sd reader that is compatible. Kind of stupid not to be able to download to my iPad. I don't carry my laptop to the islands with me.
kentth
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:29 pm    

I know you have an Ipad, but would be interesting to see is an Android machine would work.

Kent
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:54 pm    

Just read an article about making this work. The message I get with the flip,is that it uses too much energy to sync with the iPad. The article says to run the connection with a powered USB2 hub between the flip and iPad. The devise uses the USB hub power, rather than the ipad power. I'll try it tomorrow and let you know what I find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Photography -> Photography - General Discussion All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use