BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
New Years Eve

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:  New Years Eve

I will be chartering for my second trip to BVI (also second charter ever). I will be there from 12/30/06 to 01/06/07. Where is the best spot for New Years Eve? When do you suggest I arrive in order to get good spot for anchorage? When is the earliest you can(if you can) make reservations for dinner on New Years?

ABRAID
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:58 pm    

New Year's at Foxy's on JVD is very popular -- huge crowds. You have to get into Great Harbor a couple of days ahead to get a spot to anchor. Even then, by New Year's Eve, there will be boats right on top of you - a real zoo scene.

By the way, in the islands, New Year's Eve is called "Old Year's Night".

We celebrated Old Year's Night last year at Quito's in Cane Garden Bay, then drove over to Trellis Bay for real late night party. We will probably do much the same this year.
Link to this postPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:  Old Year's Eve

We're not up for the mad crown at Great Harbor, so we''ll visit Foxy's this Friday night after setting out from Nanny Cay. We plan on staying at Anegada on the 30th and 31st. Lobster on the beach with apres dinner dancing sounds like a pretty good compromise.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject:  Re: Old Year's Eve

touchofgrey wrote:
We plan on staying at Anegada on the 30th and 31st.

We will just barely miss you - leaving Anegada on the 29th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use