BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Fresh squeezed orange juice

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KathyKK
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Note Fresh squeezed orange juice

We will be provisioning a charter boat in March out of Tortola. Is there any place I can buy freshly squeezed orange juice by the quart. Thank you.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:19 pm    

Afraid not. Best you can do will be the "Not From Concentrate" juice at any of the groceries.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:02 pm    

By the way, I am a big fan of FSOJ. When I am in the islands, I have a substitute.

Go to RTW (Road Town Wholesale). RTW has a Passion Fruit concentrate, made by Bello, imported from Domenica.

I get the concentrate and mix it as directed (1 part concentrate to 4 parts water). Then, I mix that in equal parts with "Not From Concentrate" OJ. I use the "Homestyle (Some Pulp)" OJ.

The result is a really tasty juice. I always take a couple of bottles of the concentrate to Texas when we go up.

This is also the magic ingredient in Cow Wreck Beach's "Cow Killer" cocktail...
KathyKK
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Note Orange juice

Thank you for the information. I guess we will have to resort to the use of muscle and use a manual squeezer. Maybe we will give the passion fruit juice concentrate a try. Thank you.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:56 pm    

Go to RTW for fresh oranges for squeezing. They sell them in large bags for a good deal less than anywhere else.
KathyKK
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Note Fresh orange juice

Will do, Walker. Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use