BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
New Flights from SJU to EIS

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scripty
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Note New Flights from SJU to EIS

I found this on FaceBook this morning:

ALERT: @FlySeaborne have just announced non stop flights from San Juan to Tortola & San Juan to Virgin Gorda starting 8th Dec 2012!

From $99 one way.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:06 pm    

Great news. saw that myself. Been angsting over AA flight changes that may affect my SJU EIS connection in August. Hopefully they will sort it out or codeshare with Cape Air. If not, refund for that portion and book seperate SJU/EIS/VIG. Hate to have to gather bags in SJU, the recheck and go thru security. Will see how it goes.
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:03 pm    

Southwest will replace Airtran service in the spring from some US origination points
to SJU

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/southwest-airlines-to-fly-to-puerto-rico-in-2013.html/
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 pm    

As is, lowest published SWA round trip fares between Houston and San Juan are right at $500. The problem is that the best SJU-EIS round trip fare is about $300 (American Eagle).

Current AA round trip from Houston to EIS is right at $800. So - all things considered, AA still gets our business because less hassle.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 pm    

If you look at the AA website SJU/EIS is only posting thru march 31. All other dates say no flights. My problem is I already have tickets SEA/EIS in Aug. On those dates they show no flights to EIS. When I look at my itinerary they still show me booked thru to EIS on a flight that does not exist on their website. I'm waiting until the east coast issues settle down then I will burn up the phone lines. Best case is AA carries over the code share they have with Cape Air in the US.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:17 am    

Talked to AA yesteday. No one knows nothin!! They have no information about the flights being canceled. Par for the course. They did hedge that they were sure that we would be accomodated on another carrier and that AA was just working out the details. If you know nothing, how do you know that? I'm not worried at this point, I'm sure it will all get worked out. Just causing more DIF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use