BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Anegada Reef Hotel Anchorage

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Great Anegada Reef Hotel Anchorage

Chart:

Click here for a larger chart.

This is one of our favorite anchorages in the BVI. Detailed navigation information is on our Navigating to Anegada web page.

Facilities:
Fuel: no
Dinghy fuel: yes
Water: no
Ice: yes
Garbage disposal: yes
Showers: no
Fresh water pool: no
Provisions: minimal at anchorage, a little more in the Settlement
Restaurants: yes!
Beach: best beaches on north shore
Auto rentals: yes

Hazards:
Coral -- enter by marked entrance channel only. See Navigating to Anegada web page.

Additional notes:
Air conditioned rooms available at Anegada Reef Hotel and at Neptune's Treasure
tpcook
Link to this postPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:48 am    

Just got back from an overnight . Very little water in the anchorage. Our depth meter showed 0.0 ,(We draw 6.5) so we checked by going into the water. About 6.5-7 deep. Lucky there was no rolling seas that night, very flat.
www.videoautomation.com/southsoundvilla.html
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:11 am    

The water was not low -- 6.5 - 7 feet sounds about right -- normal depth for most of the anchorage near the mooring balls. Drawing 6.5, you do have to pay attention there.

The bottom at the ARH anchorage is very soft (thank goodness!). You seldom even know if you have bumped bottom -- except for the cloudy spot that quickly appears in the water.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject:  Update

The green channel marker is back in place at the entrance to the Anegada channel.

Neptune's Treasure now has about 12 mooring balls.
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject:  Larger Copy of Chart

Walker,
Would there be anyway to get a larger copy of this chart?
I would be happy to purchase it.
I only have 34 days left until I start my adventure.
I'm really getting very excited as the boat is under going it's final preparations. Anegada will be one of my first stops.

Hope to meet you down there someday.

Best regards.

Ray Ward
SV LauRay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use