BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Do you use the holding tanks on a bareboat?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> What the Sh*t?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Simple question - do you use the holding tank? (Answers guaranteed to remain anonymous!)
I always use the holding tank if the boat has one.
50%
 50%  [ 29 ]
I use the holding tank sometimes, depending on where I am.
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
I never use the holding tank.
25%
 25%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 58

DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:45 pm    

I asked when I was aboard my last Conch charter a few weeks ago, and the answer was, if it has holding tanks, hopefully it's been by-passed, we don't need the hassle...

wasn't happy, but wasn't surprised either...
Maytrix
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:48 pm    

DawnB wrote:
I asked when I was aboard my last Conch charter a few weeks ago, and the answer was, if it has holding tanks, hopefully it's been by-passed, we don't need the hassle...

wasn't happy, but wasn't surprised either...

This is what the folks at Conch said?

That's too bad. It looks like this topic has progressed since it was initially started and the charter companies are encouraging holding tank use. Our first charter was 2009 and they told us to use it - same thing ever since. Both Moorings and Sunsail.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:08 pm    

I don't think I have ever had a holding tank in the Caribbean - anywhere - except on a private boat.

Unfortunate, but what can one do? We tried not to use the heads until we were underway, but realistically? Unless we held it, it didn't quite work that way!
Maytrix
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:05 pm    

I'm surprise more companies don't have them. I believe all Moorings/Sunsail and footloose boats have them now. I know all the new ones do from what I've seen at least.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:24 pm    

We used them too.
One thing about dumping them... Beating into the wind or a broad reach is fine.
Be prepared to wretch if you empty them when headed down-end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> What the Sh*t? All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, All
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Terms of Use