BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Application for BVI Pleasure Fishing License
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:22 am    

What charter Co asked to see your fishing permit?
Over 2 dozen charters and always had gear and fished, nobody ever said a thing!!!

Gear is packed, trolling rods and Waay Cool handlines, tons of lures, etc.

Wheels up next Monday! Mr. Green
guitar_mon
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 am    

I'm curious too.

BTW, I tried getting a license directly from a contact at the Fisheries Department that I heard about on TTOL . He replied after I sent my forms and told me I can email my payment info. So I did and never heard back from him or nor received my license.

I may just pick one up next Friday morning when I'm in Road Town.

Wheels up on Wednesday.
Rusty
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:55 pm    

saildoggie wrote:
Over 2 dozen charters and always had gear and fished, nobody ever said a thing!!!

My last trip in Feb. I rented a rod holder from Last Stop Sports. The lady asked if I had a fishing permit. which I did.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:55 pm    

Rusty wrote:
saildoggie wrote:

My last trip in Feb. I rented a rod holder from Last Stop Sports. The lady asked if I had a fishing permit. which I did.

Ahh, she was trying get a little extra $$ and get your Fishing Permit for you.

Far as no response Guitarman, got my Permit faxed within a few hours of emailing the Application, scan of my Passport and payment information, better safe than sorry...
guitar_mon
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:33 pm    

Yeah. I heard some where able to get the permits emailed to them. No worries. I'll get one on Friday.

I'm trying to save a few bucks rather than using one of the gear renters to process the permit. This also includes making my own handlines. Similar to Waay Cool but with paracord 550 rather than braided 5mm. Hope they work good. I've never used handlines so I'm not sure how they will handle if I catch another monster Kingfish or Shark like I have in past BVI trips.

Saildoggie, I'm curious how Waay Cool attaches the braided line to the mono. I was going to just use a hoop on each (Sleeves and Thimbles on the Mono) with some lashing or shrink tubing on the cord knot to prevent weed pickup.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:22 pm    

Sounds like a plan, I got some black paracord from Amazon to replace that portion of a handline that found a spinning prop, I think a big fish grabbed the lure and ran past the boat while under in a "I'll show them" move, ended up spinning the prop off!

Waay Cool does thimble and swedhe the lines, finishes with shrink wrap, bought an extra Waay Cool rig as well, doing 2 handlines, one rod and reel.

They easily handle big fish, you get them aboard much quicker than with rod and reel and travel easily.
guitar_mon
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:38 pm    

Hey thanks! Good luck when you are down there (fishing and racing). Would have joined ya for the Lopsta Regatta but our charter is a week earlier.
Cheers!
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:14 pm    

No worries, we come down on June 25, will be at Apple Bay before starting our charter on the 30th., maybe see you at Cane Garden Bay?
Fred
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:38 pm    

That would be Conch, but couldn't figure why or what they would have done if we didn't have a license and your guess is as good as mine.
Fred
guitar_mon
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:27 am    

Saildoggie, maybe we will see you. We will likely be in CGB on the 27th or 28th but not sure if we will stay the night yet. Sailing a Belize 43. Where are you likely to be limin?
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:18 am    

Cool, we should be around, usual spots, Myetts, Stanleys, Rhymers, maybe Sailors Rest for lunch..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, All
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Terms of Use