BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
St. John

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertsnole
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Note St. John

Next month will be our first time using STT based CYOA. We plan on stopping in St. John for a few days. Do any of you good folks have St. John’s restaurant recommendations, dinghy accessible?
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:31 pm    

I can highly recommend Asolare . You could dink into Cruz Bay, but I think you'd have to take a taxi up the hill to the restaurant. The view is great and the sunsets really can't be beat!

Be sure to try the house infused Bay Rum!! Awesome...
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:33 pm    

Margarita Phils was pretty good. Between the dock and Mongoose Junction.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:15 am    

There's a place in Cruz Bay just south of the ferry dock where you can eat on the deck in the back facing the water. I wish I remembered the name... I'm bad about that.
But... the food is good and ambiance perfect!
Norman
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:18 am    

I'm a Skinny Legs kind of guy myself. I also remember some good Mexican place up the hill in Cruz Bay. it was in some big building...

Also went to some fancy place on a balcony right by the water/ferry dock...great sunset, but a little too snotty for me. Can't remember the name there either.

There was a place out on the way to Coral Bay that had an incredible view...went there for lunch a few times....Miss Lucy's maybe? No, I think it was Shipwreck Landing! Food was really good but you can't beat that view!

Island Blues was fun, but packed with teens, maybe from the campground?
NCSailor
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:43 am    

Cafe Roma in Cruz Bay has good Italian food and pizza.
Dugg
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Note St. John

Hi

Been a couple of years since we visited St. John but our favorite places are still going strong.
Among them - Chateau Bordeaux on Bordeaux Mountain (candlelight dinner overlooking Coral Bay), Island Blues (sample the culture of Coral Bay), Miss Lucy’s (she’s gone but the callaloo is still good and there’s the Sunday Jazz concert - road to Salt Pond Bay), Margarita Phil’s (unbelievable nachos, enchiladas, chalupas and huge margaritas), Morgan’s Mango (good food but service was ‘iffy), and Lime Inn (remember to take advantage of the Wednesday night all-you can eat shrimp special). A great adventure is a trip to the end of the East End road, eating at Vie's Snack Shack on Hansen Bay (great food but no credit cards). Also try Colombo’s Best Smoothies at the junction of the North Shore Road and Centerline.

There are several places at Wharfside Village that come to mind adjacent to the ferry dock : The Beach Bar, High Tide Bar, and Waterfront Bistro. The one we stopped at (if memory serves) was High Tide, the closest one to the ferry dock. All have great sunset views.

BTW, for us - Asolare and Shipwreck Landing - not so much.

Peace
Dugg & Chris
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:27 am    

Not Exactlty a restaurant but I lov to kile up to Maho Bay Capms when moored in Francis or Maho Bays...great value breakfast and good exercise
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:26 am    

Whut? hairy Shocked confused
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Note it wouldn't let me edit my post?

Not Exactlty a restaurant but I lov to HIKE up to Maho Bay Camps when moored in Francis or Maho Bays...great value breakfast and good exercise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use