BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Picture of the day - Petit Tobac

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> Grenadines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Note Picture of the day - Petit Tobac

Petit Tobac is the most remote island of the 5 main islands in the Tobago Cays, lying outside Horsehoe Reef.
The lagoon at Petit Tobac will hold several cruising boats, and the water is deep enough for cruising sloops though just. Mostly catamarans will anchor here. Generally cruisers will take a longish and potentially wet dingy ride from the main anchorage through a cut north-east of Baradal (not shown here) to get to Petit Tobac. PT is uninhabited, and was used for scenes in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean. The north shore is sand, but the south shore is rock, so if you plan to walk all the way around it, shoes of some description are recommended. Snorkeling is very good here.

walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:06 pm    

Petit Tabac is where the scenes of Jack Sparrow's being marooned by Barbossa were shot. It is where the these lines were spoken:

Elizabeth: So that's it then? That's the secret grand adventure of the infamous Jack Sparrow? You spent three days lying on a beach, drinking rum?!

Jack: Welcome to the Caribbean, love.

That is Petit Tabac in the background of these pics:

Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:10 pm    

Love the pictures Walker!
In that first picture I can see your anchor rode running all the way out to and under that boat vendor. Very cool.

On second thoughts, I don't know why I'm going to Anegada in July to see you when I could be going back to the Tobago Cays!!! rofl hairy devil Mr. Green
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:17 pm    

We spent an afternoon anchored in the lagoon at PT. We swam ashore and explored a bit. Because we swam ashore, I didn't bring my camera. Probably a good thing. While walking around the east end of PT, I met a couple coming the other way. He was naked. She wasn't. He was a real eyesore. She wasn't. Funny how it works that way.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:20 pm    

Ha! my wife was complaining about that very thing while walking on the clothing-optional Orient Beach in St. Martin.

There would be hot babes with shriveled up old-men walking in pairs on the beach.

I saw nothing to complain about, from my perspective!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> Grenadines All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use