BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Where to pick up?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> U.S. Virgin Islands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Note Where to pick up?

Our skipper the last two years is buying a Leopard 46. Come this Febuary he is treating the crew of the last two years to a free trip. Planning on flying into STT. What would be a good spot for him to pick us up?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:11 am    

Red Hook (east end of St. Thomas) is much easier than going into Charlotte Amalie.
leeguice
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:17 am    

If he wants to avoid the clear out/clear in/clear out issue of going from BVI to USVI to BVI it is far easier for passengers to go from STT to Tortola.
Otherwise use Red Hook as Walker suggested.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:17 am    

I agree with Lee. It is much easier for crew to ferry from STT to Tortola - West End or Road Town. Same for the return. I was not thinking about the C&I hassle. Add that in, and it is a no-brainer for the crew to ferry over to Tortola.
Rusty
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 am    

Still a long ways off. He his only about half way through the buying prcess. If everything works out for him, he will already be down island for about five months before Febuary gets here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> U.S. Virgin Islands All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use