BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Feb 2012

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmettores
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Note Feb 2012

Coming into St Thomas mid Feb and cruising from there through BVI. Looks like best shot for some flats fishing (bones and tarpon) is Anegada. Fishing be good in Feb? Looking for some tips for area, flies, etc.

Thanks.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:46 am    

Not likely to find tarpon in February, but bones are on the flats. Best fishing is on the flats at east end of Anegada. Standard flies work (charlies, gotchas) in tans and pinks.
palmettores
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Note Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I keep missing those poons...saw a cool video of them on a bait pod on this website (I think). I was hopefull but oh well.....nothing wrong with chasing bones.

Got access to a nice size dingy while there. Assume there is just one marina/port on the island. So once docked, is it easy to access the flats by either boat or land? I don't know if the schedule will be firm enough to book a guide in advance so hoping its some good DYI fishing. If not, got a name for a local guide?
palmettores
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Note Countdown

Heading down later this week Book Garfields for a day and hopefully will have little DIY time.

Any reports or suggestions appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use