BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Ginger Wine Chicken

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> The Galley -> Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject:  Ginger Wine Chicken

Click here for a recipe for Ginger Wine Chicken. This dish is a specialty of Palm's Delight Restaurant on Tortola's Apple Bay.
SeaRay
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:17 pm    

I am hosting a dinner party Friday night. I finally found a store that could get Stones Ginger wine. I am planning on mixing up some painkillers as well since I was able to locate fresh nutmeg. I am looking for input on what sides to have with the chicken.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:09 pm    

It really does not need much else. Rice or mashed potatoes are our usual sides. THe sauce is really good with rice.

With a salad, that's a meal.
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:45 pm    

I'm sure I had a very informative repsonse for SeaRay but I couldn't get my eyes off the avatar....
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:17 pm    

Yeah - I was thinking a good side would be the front side of that.
SeaRay
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:11 pm    

I like the idea of rice and it's easy! I am cooking for six do you suggest maybe doing two frying pans 3 chicken tits each... Seems like a lot of sauce to make in one pan.

I am hoping the painkillers will have the ladies moving like the avatar while I cook!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:44 am    

Cooking for 6 - yes - two skillets if you want all to be ready at once.

If you want them to move like the avatar, you want the Turbo Painkiller.
SeaRay
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:12 am    

Well the Friday night dinner party was a huge success... Started the night with turbo painkillers. I stuffed longhot peppers with sausage, cheese and a little bit of mashed potatoe for appetizers. Followed by more turbos... I quickly realized how they got there ever appropriate name! The ginger wine chicken turned out fabulous. I plated it with white rice and grilled asparagus. The recipe is very easy hardest part is pounding out the chicken (insert sexual innuendo here). Thanks for the help with the recipe
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:51 am    

Glad to hear that it worked out well. The ginger wine chicken recipe also works well with sliced pork loin instead of chicken.

See http://bvipirate.com/IslandRecipes/GingerWinePork.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> The Galley -> Recipes All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use