BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Anegada Archaeological Expedition

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Note Anegada Archaeological Expedition

We (Nancy, Kelly Bradley, and I) spent the day today (October 23) exploring east of Budrock. We found several of the old (1,000 year old) conch shell mounds. We found some very interesting sites with ancient rock walls. We found some decent artifacts as well - ancient liquor bottles, ironwork, pottery sherds, and a mysterious cut stone.

This expedition was not easy. Lots of hacking through dense bush, lots of cuts and scratches from the hostile scrub. We trekked a total of 2.5 miles -- all east of Budrock.

Scripty
Link to this postPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:35 am    

Your photos of this expedition are fabulous. I wish I could have been there with you. Such great finds!!!
Kerry
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:58 pm    

Now that is seriously neat Walker!!!
Kerry
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:01 pm    

One that almost looks like it could be an anchor looks like an upside down candle holder?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:32 pm    

We now think that it is ironwork from a window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use