BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Dinghy route?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilonsdreamin
Link to this postPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Question Dinghy route?

Hey ,
I have a question - we will be going to Anegada in March 2012. My crazy husband thinks he wants to dinghy around the island. Is it even possible to circumnavigate the island by dinghy? Weather of course will dictate what we do but if calm is there a dinghy route?
Thanks for your wisdom!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:18 pm    

I am not going to say that it is impossible. But I will say that it is unwise and dangerous for anyone without good local knowledge to try.

Plus - I doubt that your dinghy would carry enough fuel to make it all the way. You are looking at somewhere around 30 miles if you avoid all the hazards.
ilonsdreamin
Link to this postPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:41 am    

Thank you Walker- this is all I needed. Hopefully this idea has now been put to rest!
Laughing
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Note well, it sonded like fun...

....it sounded like a good idea at the time.....this is something I would have thought of (and then thought the better of!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use