BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
waypoints from Anegada mooring balls to north drop

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karim
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Note waypoints from Anegada mooring balls to north drop

Howdy there.

I will soon visit Anegada for the second time (first was in June 2010) This time I inttend to stay 2 or 3 days and I would like to go fishing to the North Drop.

I wonder if there is any kind soul in here who could provide the safe route from the Anegada channel to the north drop? I would eternally appreciate it. Waypoints and/or bearings + any advice about shoals obstacles or dangers within the route would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance!!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:55 pm    

I have done the north drop many times. Leave the Setting Point harbor, proceed out the channel through the outer buoys, then take a NW heading (315 magnetic) until north of Anegada. The depth will drop to over 100 feet abouty a mile after passing the west end, then will begin to rapidly drop. Fish the drop using your fathometer - when inside 200 feet, head back out.

No hazards at all, providing you remain in water over 100 feet while north of Anegada. No hazards at all down to the southwest along the drop regardless of depth.
karim
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 pm    

Thank you very much Walker. That was really nice for such a fast answer. Beer is on me if you happend to be there around May 30, 31st & June 1st
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use