BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Availability of some items

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaintGermain
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Note Availability of some items

Hello,

I would like to know if the following items are currently available on the british islands (especially on Tortola):

• manguo
  • strawberry
  • kiwi
  • watermelon
  • mint
  • cherry tomato
  • coriander
  • Nutella
  • shortcrust pastry
  • shortbread/cookie dough
  • puff pastry
  • crème fraiche
  • cheese (what kind ?)
  • fish (what kind ?)

I intend to order at Bobby's and maybe complete during the trip (Tortola,JVD, Anegada, Virgin Gorda, Marina Cay, Peter's island).

Thanks a lot for anyone who can help me ![/url]
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:58 am    

You can find a lot of what you are looking for, but maybe not all in the same store. The provisioning shop at Scrub Island, for example, has a lot more high end things than say, the store at Cane Garden Bay.

The new Riteway has a great selection of vegetables, fruit and cheeses, and Sailors Ketch has frozen fish - I haven't had much luck buying fresh fish, even when I went to the fish co-op store on the way out of Roadtown.

Not sure whether they had kiwi or watermelon, but last time I was there in January they had pretty much everything on your list at Riteway - not sure about Nutella or creme fraiche, they did have coriander because I made my own salsa.

Riteway and Bobby's had a good selection of cheeses, but if you are looking for high end stuff, stop at Scrub - you'll pay for it, but they have some great gourmet type things there.
SaintGermain
Link to this postPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:22 am    

Thanks a lot for your feedback !
I'm quite interested to buy some fresh (and good !) fish near Road Town at Tortola, do you have someone to recommend ?

Thanks,
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:29 pm    

There is a government fish market on the right beyond Rite Way as you continue toward the airport away from Roadtown. It is difficult to know which fish will be available, but they are usually very fresh or flash frozen.

We didn't have any luck finding fresh fish when we went there in July/August one year, but that's the only time we tried. I can't remember their hours, or the name of the place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use