BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
cam bay anchorage

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> New Anchorages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
secondwind
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Note cam bay anchorage

We are going down January 19 and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for off the beaten path anchorages. Has anyone anchored in Cam Bay?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:41 am    

Yes - have anchored there several times. It is a very nice anchorage if there are only a few boats. Can be difficult to get good holding because it is deep and has a rocky bottom with a downwind slope.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:57 pm    

Another option is to anchor in Lee Bay on the other side of the lowland area. Better holding. Also a small bay that will only hold a few boats.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:29 pm    

Lee Bay has a really nice sunset, where Cam Bay does not. Lee Bay just feels better to me than Cam Bay.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:32 pm    

Yes, and there's good snorkeling around the rocks in Lee Bay. Right off the boat or the beach.

Problem is... even in the summer time it's often filled.

Some day I'm gonna motor over there from Trellis or Marina Cay in the morning and just orbit until I get a spot, and then spend the whole day there.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:33 pm    

That Walt and betting that HUGE Octopus is still there, we saw it on several trips, my daughter screaming thru her snorkel was classic!

Lee Bay is great but once 2-3 boats are set, forget trying to sneak in and anchor, your niegbors will not be pleased.

We were set with another boat and 2 more tried to cram in, we helped them set stern anchors and we all got along fine, the free (my favorite kind) beer was great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> New Anchorages All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use