BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Walker's Post on TTOL

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Note Walker's Post on TTOL

So, I read a post by Walker on TTOL that said this season has been "painfully slow" on Anegada. I am hoping the company we are chartering with in April will officially give us the o.k. to go there in April. I'm just curious if you all think there have been any particular factors that are contributing to less people visiting. When I read information about BVI I am drawn to Anegada. Is tourism down in general across BVI or is it Anegada specific? I hope I get to be part of a group that contributes to the Anegada economy in April, it seems like such a unique spot in the universe, it would be cool to be a part of it, even if for a couple of days Very Happy
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:07 am    

Tourism is down throughout the BVI - not just Anegada. But it seems to be waaaaay down on Anegada. During the holiday season we normally have 60+ boats at Setting Point every day. This year, we had over 30 boats only a few days - and never saw 60. We had many days with 10 or less.
Norman
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:03 am    

Do you tink it's still the lingering effects bad economy back here?
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:20 am    

I'm sure it's a number of factors. It makes sense that if tourism is down in general across BVI then Anegada being further out would feel it more, especially if people are cutting their trips short. Thankfully my husband and I were lucky enough to keep our respective jobs through the recession. Although the 401K lost some money we didn't change our spending habits and every time we indulge in some "unnecessary" purchase (new kites, a music studio set up in the basement, yet one more travel book about the BVI...) we consider it supporting the economy, just trying to help everything out! Although it's unfortunate that tourism is down I can't say I wish it were going to be really crowded either. I'm really looking forward to our trip, which, as I said, I hope will include Anegada.
ChrisfromCT
Link to this postPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:05 am    

I was on Anegada from the 16th to the 24th and there were about 30 boats anchored per night. From the ferry dock to Palmetto point a total of 30. low as 23 high of 36. i counted them each night as i drank my rum and watch the sun set!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use