BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
showers

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject:  showers

the navy style boat showers might not cut it so do we need a hotel room shower before flying out of eis at 3pm? first time bareboaters (april Cool but many times camping
Herve
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:16 am    

Depending what charter company you're booked with, you will be able to get a "real" showeer at the base some better than others...
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:23 am    

Who are you chartering with? Like Herve said, many of the charter bases have showers on site for exactly your purpose. You might also find that unloading the boat after charter can be a fairly sweaty affair.
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject:  showers

thanks for the info. it does sound silly but as you might have guessed, we're newbies. 6 old farts on a '41 beneteau from sunsail april 8 and can't wait. we thought about one hotel room for boat return day but if sunsail has facilities, we'll use em.
Herve
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:50 pm    

Sunsail has showers to the left of the building... pretty nice ones..you may also want to use the fresh water pool next to the bar.

See if you can request Julian to be your boat briefer...he is the best...please tip if you're satisfy.
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:  Tipping the briefer....?

Herve...is there a standard tip...for the boat briefer?

Thanks...Stew
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:47 pm    

I didn't think you were allowed to tip the boat breifer!! The Moorings discourages tipping individual staff, instructs you to leave a general tip to be divided. Anyone know more about this? I don't like the general tip idea at all!!
Herve
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:02 pm    

Being an owner I did not need briefing but I made friends with a good number of the Sunsail staff and I can tell you that a tip is greatly appreciated if you are satisfy with the level of attention and details you are given.....
It might also get you a few extras freebies should you require them...(like ice for example) and quick response when you discover AFTER the briefing that you don't know what the red switch under the settee is for..or need a few towels...etc...
RumBa
Link to this postPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:  Red Switch

The red swithc is for the ejection seat right?
Herve
Link to this postPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:50 am    

Kinda....

On most well found cats it opens a trap door and dumps whomever is sitting at that stop....great way to gt rid of the crew from hell, or your mother in law....The coast guard regulations require being 3 miles offshore before activating.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use