BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Flights to Anegada... with kiting equipment?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Note Flights to Anegada... with kiting equipment?

Hello there,

I'm so glad to have found this forum, as we are planning a trip to Anegada in February, and have a couple of uncertainties about logistics. We have been there several times on Moorings trips, and took the ferry there from Tortola last year. But this year, we are interested in flying in directly from San Juan (or elsewhere, if that's easier). We've been trying to contact Caribbean Wings for a few weeks with this question, but are having trouble getting through, so i thought i'd throw this out there.

Has anyone flown Caribbean Wings or another small carrier that flies into Anegada, with kiteboarding or surfing equipment? We are planning to bring a couple of large duffel bags (for kites), and a bag with kiteboards (about the size of a snowboard), and would LIKE TO, if possible, bring a small surfboard as well. Does anyone have any experience transporting this stuff on flights into Anegada? The items are not really *that* big, but I understand that these planes can be quite small, and i'd hate to learn the hard way, in San Juan or St. Martin!

Also, in case I can't get in touch with Caribbean Wings in time (which is looking less and less likely), I see the excellent ferry schedule from Tortola-Anegada that's posted here, but it's from 2007. Can anyone confirm that this is still correct? Just interested in general departure times from Tortola/Anegada. I do see schedules elsewhere online, but would love an on-the-ground, er- sand, confirmation of what's happening when.

Many thanks in advance for any information you can offer!
Susan Johnson
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:48 pm    

Caribbean Wings has stopped their service. Their plane might have been able to handle s small surfboard.

Best bet for a direct flight from San Juan to Anegada is through Fly BVI or Island Birds. Either of them will have a plane that can handle kiting gear - but not a surfboard.

Honestly - there are so, so few days that we have a decent break that I would say that going to any trouble to get a surfboard down is too much trouble.

I do need to update the ferry schedule - it is still M-W-F, but the morning ferry leaves Road Town at 6:45AM, not 7:00 AM.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:12 pm    

When you headed down Walker?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:18 am    

I am in West Palm Beach today, leaving here tomorrow for a night on Providenciales, then on to spend Christmas with Cele and Davide on Scrub Island. Will probably fly to Anegada on Monday.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:08 am    

We get in the Wed 12/29 Probably be up Mon 1/3
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:53 am    

Hi there- Thought i'd posted a reply already, but I guess not! Just wanted to say thank you!

Susan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use