BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
51.5 in Anegada

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Note 51.5 in Anegada

We stayed two nights on a mooring ball in the Setting Point achorage in Nov, '09 and had a great time. We will be back in the BVI next week (Dec 20) and are thinking about heading to Anegada on Christmas day, again for a couple of nights. However this year we will be on a Moorings 51.5 that draws 6.5 ft.

I have Walker's Anegada approach chart and have read his “Approach to Anegada” and posts here and elsewhere, but for a final time, will I have problems in the mooring field with this draft (I see the "speed bump")? Or should I just plan on anchoring off of the pier in deeper water?

A related question would be if I would even hope to find a mooring ball on Christmas day, or would they already be taken with people staying multiple days?

Thanks!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:35 pm    

6.5' draft should be no problem as long as you stay in the southeastern part of the mooring area.

Mooring ball on Christmas day should be easy.
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:33 pm    

Thanks, Walker!
leeguice
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:38 am    

Did it several years ago... just be careful and get an accurate depth gauge setting at some point before you go.
ENJOY Very Happy
andrew
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:14 pm    

We moored a Bendy 505 (6'1") at New Years and a Gib'Sea 525 (6'2") a couple weeks ago without drama. We saw 4.8' on the depth gauge, and I couldn't touch the bottom at 7'...should be no problem at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use